Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Trust.

"Though the fig tree should not blossom,
And there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail,
And the field produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold,
And there be no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will exult in the LORD,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.
The Lord GOD is my strength,
And He has made my feet like hinds' feet,
And makes me walk on my high places."
Habakkuk 3:17-19, NASB

Confess your doubts to God.
Trust Him in the darkness.
Rejoice in the waiting.
Be joyful.

This is a beautiful proclamation of faith from Habakkuk. All I can do really is meditate on it. There isn't much else left for me to say! Hope is lifts you up and gives you an example of how we can trust in God and rejoice in Him even when the harvest comes up empty, the world around us appears desolate, and when we feel all we have is nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment