Sunday, September 9, 2012

You're so nice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYWv_NSBZQI
This is going to be a stereotypical single gal post. My apologies. This week was just one of those weeks where the whole "content with being single" mindset flew out the window. It happens from time to time. Let me be clear: I am not the type of girl that sits around reading Victorian novels listening to sad British pop music, writing in my journal about my longing to find true love. Now, I won't say I haven't ever done that, but it's not a habit. Anyway, this song came on my shuffle one day and it pretty much summed up the way I was feeling. This isn't just a song for the single, but maybe for the brokenhearted or rejected. I'm not trying to depress anyone, but I love the lyrics in this song because they are so honest and straightforward. I can tell she didn't sit down to write it hoping for her gloom to be translated into poetic genius. She just wrote what she felt, and it resonated with me. There's someone out there that I wish knew when I meant two sugars I actually meant three. One day... Sometimes being alone feels just fine, and other times, it leaves a bitter taste behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment