Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas spirit!

I am a movie buff. That's a bit of an understatement; I'm kind of a movie fanatic. I am one of those people who will go to a theater alone, but that could just be the introvert in me. I have this secret dream of becoming a screenwriter. The only bad thing about watching so many movies, and I only watch credible ones (you won't see American Pie or a horror flick on my shelf), is that I picture life as a movie. This can make things disappointing at times, not gonna lie. It makes me kind of live in a fantasy world. My friends will tell you I'm quite the movie quoter, and while they're impressed I'm a little bit ashamed. I'm ashamed because it's like I'm living vicariously. I've never been in love, I'm not a parent, I don't have special gifts, and I live in a world that is, for the most part, stable. So now it's the Christmas season and there are a lot of awful holiday movies out there- just turn on Lifetime or ABC Family. But Christmas movies don't make me feel ashamed, because Christmas at my house and just the spirit in general feels like a fantasy, but is real. It's magical, it's beautiful, am I being cliche? Yes, but it's Christmas so it's okay. Here's my list of Top 5 favorite holiday films:

1. Christmas Vacation

Best Christmas movie of all time, in my opinion. My family watches this every year and laugh at all the same parts. 















2. Elf

 "I painted a picture of a butterfly! I love you, I'll call you in five minutes."

"Dad I'm in love I'm in love and I don't care who knows it! You have elves working here too?"

It just doesn't get any better than Buddy the Elf.










3. It's a Wonderful Life



 If this movie doesn't make you cry, shame on you.











4. A Christmas Story

This movie made me scared of Santa Claus. And I have always wanted Ralphie's bunny pajamas. "Fra-gee-lay... Oh it must be Italian!"
"It's a special award!" A leg lamp is never a special reward.








5. Scrooged

Oh Bill Murray, he never ceases to disappoint. He definitely makes this movie, oh and watch out for the fairy with the toaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment